Care and maintenance of your Resurfaced tub, shower tiles, or counter tops are crucial 24 hours after the surface has been refinished. Follow the instructions below to keep your finished surface like new for years to come!
DO NOT use the surface for 24 hours after resurfacing.
- DO NOT lay soap, bottles or any object on the finished surface, put them on a shampoo rack.
- Be sure that your faucets ARE DRY every evening, drain shower pipes, then close taps tightly. If you have a leak, take care immediately. Make sure there is no standing water in the tub after the rest of the water has drained. The tub should be completely dry a couple of hours after each use.
- Clean and finish regularly during the curing period with soap and sponge (this is called surface conditioning) to remove any dust that might have settled. In older tubs, you may encounter gouges or surface imperfections known as pinholes. Although little can be done for those, it will cause no harm to the tub.
IN ORDER TO RETAIN THE FACTORY-LIKE FINISH OF A REFINISHED FIXTURE!
- DO NOT use an abrasive cleaner, which will scratch the surface. ONLY clean after each
use with Scrubbing Bubbles made by Dow, Fantastic, 409, Lysol Tub and Tile Cleaner and Soft Scrub without bleach (blue label). It is extremely important to clean the surface AFTER EACH USE, as this will prevent soap scum build up.
- DO NOT drop sharp objects on the finish, which may cause it to chip. Contact your REFINISHER immediately for repairs if this should occur (within 1-2 weeks of accident). If peeling, bubbling, cracking or fading should occur, it is the responsibility of the customer.
6. to properly notify the REFINISHER within 1-2 weeks of occurrence. All leaky faucets must be repaired to protect the finish against the eroding action.
- Dripping water, which may cause the finish to crack and wear out prematurely. Destruction of the finish may occur through improper use of acid bearing compounds (drain openers, tile grout cleaners). All chemicals (cosmetics, bleach, hair dyes, perfumes…) must be kept away from the finish, for it may stain or mar the finish.
- Not responsible non-factory glazed bathroom tile floor. DO NOT use a rubber mat, ESPECIALLY WITH SUCTION CUPS. Most mats will produce a reaction with the finish when subjected to hot water. Contact your REFINISHER.
- Non-rubber SLIP PROOF BATH MAT (if available). Remove mat after each use. Caulk line between tub and tile must be properly sealed at all times. It is the responsibility of the customer to recalls the tub unless previously agreed upon and written down on the work order prior to starting job. In certain cases, cork around drain area must be properly sealed at all times. Rusted or recessed areas particularly around drain are not guaranteed. Soap dishes, towel bars and toothbrush holders are not guaranteed.
Remember, if you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly and follow the above instructions, your fixtures will stay shiny, bright and give you many years of trouble free service.
THIS RESURFACING WORK IS GUARANTEED FOR 5 YEARS AGAINST BUBBLING, FADING, PEELING OR GRAZING. THIS GUARANTEE DOES NOT APPLY TO CHIPPING OR TO CUSTOMER NEGLECT OF ITEM. SUCH REPAIRS WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER & NOT THE REFINISHER AND RESURFACING MAKES NO GUARANTEE THAT SURFACE BADLY MARRED, GAUGED OR INTENDED DUE TO YEAR OF USE FROM EROSION OF WATER, ACID OR OTHER HARSH CHEMICAL WILL BE RESTORED TO ORIGINAL CONDITION OF THE TUB. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE GUIDELINES AS SET ABOVE AND I AM FULLY AWARE THAT FAILURE TO THEM WILL FORFEIT (VOID) THE GUARANTEE ON THIS WORK.